2013 NBA Draft Recap - Sports & Entertainment Real Estate
2013 NBA DRAFT RECAP
The first round of the 2013 NBA Draft might have had more surprises than we have seen in five previous drafts.
The night began with the Cleveland Cavaliers surprising the entire basketball world by selecting Anthony Bennett from UNLV as the number one pick, bypassing Alex Len and Nerlens Noel.
Speaking of Nerlens Noel, the projected number one pick fell to #6, where he was chosen by New Orleans only to be traded moments later to Philadelphia for hybrid guard Jrue Holiday AND a first round pick in 2014.
But the basketball gods were just warming up. Boston finally dismantled their last championship team by trading Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce to the Brooklyn Nets for, get this, three first round picks, which means that Boston now has three first round picks in 2014. As one championship team is take apart another one begins to build.
The 2013 NBA Draft Recap
And then we had the actual draft picks to talk about. That top ten went like this:
- Cleveland drafted Anthony Bennett, power forward
- Magic drafted Victor Oladipo, shooting guard
- Wizards drafted Otto Porter, small forward
- Bobcats drafted Cody Zeller, power forward
- Suns drafted Alex Len, center
- Pelicans drafted Nerlens Noel, center
- Kings drafted Ben McLemore, shooting guard
- Pistons drafted Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, shooting guard
- Timberwolves drafted Trey Burke, point guard
- Trail Blazers drafted C.J. McCollum, point guard
And so it went, a night filled with surprises and for many young players a night when their dreams were fulfilled.
Now they can turn to the reality of professional basketball. It is time for contracts to be signed and then relocation to their new team city, and Sports Relocation.com is standing by to assist in that relocation. We are the pros that the pros call when relocation becomes a reality.
Give us a call and let us handle your relocation so that all you have to concentrate on is playing basketball.