Baseball Winter Meetings in High Gear
As Day Three of the Baseball Winter Meetings comes to a close we thought we would highlight some of the key points for you to remember as the meetings continue.
- When the meetings began there were 181 free agents available for teams to talk to.
- The Winter Meetings do not actually signify any significant deadline; they are simply an excuse for general managers to get a feel for the landscape, to discuss possible deals, to toss scenarios around over martinis and occasionally to actually make a deal.
- As of Day Three fifteen of the 181 free agents had been signed.
- Having said that, only two names remain on the board that the average baseball fan in America is interested in, and those two names are Albert Pujols and Prince Fielder. The two slugging first basemen for the St. Louis Cardinals and Milwaukee Brewers, respectively, are the cream of the crop by a landslide and have generated unending interest during these meetings.
- Teams can actually negotiate a trade that does not involve free agents and oftentimes that is the case at these meetings.
There is one thing that we can be sure of: because of these meetings a large number of transactions will take place either this week or very shortly in the future, and those transactions will involve ballplayers relocating to another team, another city, another way of life. It is entirely possible that by the end of this month fifty to seventy-five players will have changed teams. All of that means some major decisions for those athletes in the next two months before Spring Training begins in February.
Enter the pros at SportsRelocation.com. When relocation is the only option we step in and take care of the entire process quickly and efficiently. We meet with the athlete, determine their needs, then call on our extensive list of contacts to make the process happen effortlessly. Do you need short term housing? How about your vehicles transported? Does your family need help in moving belongings? Whatever the professional athlete needs regarding relocating to a new city we are here to take care of those needs.
This is a busy time of year for us; now that the NBA lockout is over our business volume has increased dramatically, and now with Baseball’s Winter Meetings we are going to shift into high gear to meet demand, and that is just fine with us. Give us a call and find out why the pros call us first when relocation is a reality.
SportsRelocation.com® assists players/coaches of the NBA, WNBA, NFL, MLB, NHL, and Entertainers relocate nationwide by servicing your Real Estate & Relocation needs. SportsRelocation.com is a licensed real estate brokerage in Las Vegas, NV & Beverly Hills, CA.
The Sports Relocation team is waiting to hear from you. Our primary goal is to assist you with all of the challenges related to transitioning into your new home. Visit us at http://www.SportsRelocation.com or call us at 800-783-1421