Buying a Home Checklist
For first-time home buyers, buying a home can be a daunting and yes, scary event. Let’s face it, buying a home is one of the greatest financial decisions you will make in your lifetime, so it is no wonder that many people face it with trepidation.
What follows is a brief outline of the steps that one takes when buying a home.
- Make a list of items you want in your new home. Where do you want to live? What amenities do you want? Do you want land or just a home? What conveniences are you looking for?
- Get pre-approved for a home loan. This will speed along the buying process once you have found the home you wish to buy. Go to a lending institution and get this done pronto.
- Find a real estate agent who has experience, is knowledgeable in the area you are looking, and someone who you feel comfortable working with.
- Find the home of your dreams. It is rare that a home-buyer finds a home that has everything on the wish-list, so be prepared to settle for less than perfect. You will be living in this home for quite some time, so search until you find THE home.
- Now it’s time to make an offer. Work closely with your real estate agent when determining what your offer will be. Rely on his/her expertise.
- Have the home inspected. You are paying a great deal of money for this home and you don’t want any surprises once you’ve closed the deal and moved in.
- Have the home appraised. Usually this is part of the process anyway, and a good real estate agent will be aware of this and make sure you are buying a home that is actually worth the asking price.
- Close the deal and move in.
Buying a home is too big a deal to skip any of these steps. There are no shortcuts when it comes to major financial decisions, so do your diligent homework and then rest assured you have done everything possible to make an informed decision.
Sports Relocation, Inc. Sports Relocation, Inc assist players/coaches of all professional sports leagues including the NBA, WNBA, NFL, MLB, NHL, and entertainers relocate nationwide by servicing their Real Estate & Relocation needs. Ikem Chukumerije is licensed to practice real estate in New York, California, Nevada, Florida, & Georgia. Sports Relocation, Inc operates nationwide and provides elite athlete relocation services in all 50 states and internationally.