Getting Prepared: Athlete or Sports Relocation Guide
Athlete or sports relocation can be a stressful time in an athlete’s life. Even if you have moved a dozen times, it is easy to become anxious when confronted with the realities of the moving process. And for athletes with families, the process is even more daunting. Preparing your spouse and kids for the move, preparing your home for the sale, packing, and everything else that goes along with it can cause tremendous physical and emotional strain. Athlete or sports relocations are full of unknowns, and the strain of packing away your life in your old home can have a very real impact on your game. It is easy to become overwhelmed by having so much going on at once. Details begin to pile up and become larger than life, and it can be hard to keep your mind on doing what you do best—winning the game! While there are people who can help take much of the stress from the move, there will of course be things you need to do. Here are some tips for smoothing the transition to life in a new city.
- Make sure that you have all of your important personal records together and accounted for—you will need to have them handy. Your family’s birth certificates, marriage papers, divorce records, court documents, immunization records, school records, passports, Social Security cards, and any other important documents should be kept with you throughout the moving process.
- If you have children, Sports Relocation Services will assist in researching the school districts in your new city. School information is easily found online, giving you the opportunity to check out a prospective school’s academic, athletic and extracurricular programs. A school’s report card is important, so find out what other parents have to say about it. Also, if your kids have any particular interests or hobbies, look into local clubs and facilities. This will not only help you feel better about the move, it will help you and your children feel prepared for the life changes ahead.
- Create a list of companies you will need to call to disconnect services from your old home, such as utilities, phone and satellite or cable services. Sports Relocation Services will be able be able to facilitate reconnection at your new home.
- Make sure that your team at Sports Relocation Services is aware of any special needs your family may have, such as elder care, daycare centers or after-school programs.
- At Sports Relocation Services, we specialize in discrete sales for high-profile homebuyers. We ask specific and geared questions to ensure that your family will find the best home in your perfect neighborhood, and can be an invaluable guide to the relocation process. Additionally, Sports Relocation Services will coordinate your financing with one of our trusted lenders and also facilitate the home buying process every step of the way.
Orchestrating a move can be a difficult challenge and it is easy to get lost along the way. Sports Relocation is here to help on every step of your journey, and specializes in helping professional athletes and entertainers like you find your way into a new home that is perfect for your family’s needs.
Ikem Chukumerije is the CEO of SportsRelocation.com. SportsRelocation.com assist players/coaches of all professional sports leagues including the NBA, WNBA, NFL, MLB, NHL, and entertainers relocate nationwide by servicing their Real Estate & Relocation needs. Ikem Chukumerije is licensed to practice real estate in New York, California, Nevada, & Florida. SportsRelocation.com operates nationwide and provides our elite services in all 50 states and internationally.