#MLB Baseball Trade Rumors Begin
As July quickly approaches the trade rumors are heating up in the world of Major League Baseball. There is one month to go before the deadline and the first major trade took place over the weekend when the Boston Red Sox traded ten-year Boston player Kevin Youkilis to the Chicago White Sox. Now that the initial shot has been fired, who is next? This could be an interesting month in baseball. Races are shaping up that nobody could have envisioned and some of the perennial powers are not looking nearly so powerful. With that in mind, here are some players to keep an eye out for as possible trade participants.
- Cole Hamels: The Phillies appear to be unable to pay what he wants, which is to be the richest pitcher in baseball. This may not be the year that Philadelphia can cough up big bucks and they may have to let Hamels go. Anyone out there want a guaranteed #1 starter?
- Zack Greinke: Milwaukee is struggling and they do not have the money to keep Greinke, just as they did not have the money to keep CC Sabathia. Look for Greinke, who is having an excellent season so far, to be heading out of town much richer by July 31st.
- Matt Garza: The Cubbies can’t keep him. They are horrible and will be worse. They need draft picks and young players much more than they need a pitcher with a 4.07 ERA.
- Brandon McCarthy: Let’s put it this way….he is a young pitcher who pitches for Oakland, where young pitchers are developed and then shipped off to the highest bidder. What do you think?
- Felix Hernandez: Yes, we know, Seattle swears to the gods up above that they will never trade King Felix, but this may well be the year. The former Cy Young winner (2010) is struggling at 5-5 and the team appears to be no better with him or without him. Seattle is a team going nowhere very quickly and they need young, powerful hitters much more than they need a 5-5 veteran, albeit a certifiable #1 starter. This could very well be the year that Seattle gives up on the young man they have had seemingly forever.
That’s just the beginning in the rumor mill this summer. There will without a doubt be more big names tossed about in the next two or three weeks as well as some major surprises involving players not even mentioned yet. Stay tuned because this is going to be an interesting month.
If you are a professional athlete and find yourself in need of relocation help, give us a call at SportsRelocation.com. We are the relocation experts.
SportsRelocation.com® assists players/coaches of the NBA, WNBA, NFL, MLB, NHL, and Entertainers relocate nationwide by servicing your Real Estate & Relocation needs. SportsRelocation.com is a licensed real estate brokerage in Las Vegas, NV, Marina Del Rey, CA & Beverly Hills, CA.
The Sports Relocation team is waiting to hear from you. Our primary goal is to assist you with all of the challenges related to transitioning into your new home. Visit us at http://www.SportsRelocation.com or call us at 800-783-1421