NBA Trade Deadline Approaches
NBA Trade Deadline Approaches
It is the calm before the storm for the NBA. In this shortened season that is only twenty games old, March 15th looms as the deadline to make trades and improve teams for this season and beyond. Because this season is so short and every game seems to count so much more, this trading season can have a huge impact on any team with playoff ambitions.
Players and teams to watch as we approach March 15th:
- Cleveland: for quite some time now it has been rumored that Cleveland is considering trading two of their stalwarts, namely Anderson Varejao and Ramon Sessions.
- Orlando Magic: will they or won’t they trade star center Dwight Howard? A couple weeks ago Howard added to his list of detractors when he ripped teammates. This may be the time to cut bait with Howard and find out what life could be without him.
- L.A. Lakers: and speaking of Howard, the perfect fit for him in a perfect world would be on the Lakers. It is no surprise that the Lakers need more star power now that the Chris Paul trade has been negated by the League and Kobe is in need of help.
- Toronto: they have wanted Wilson Chandler for some time now and have been relatively vocal in expressing that desire; could this be the time to put their money where their mouths are?
- Minnesota: with a strong nucleus of Kevin Love and the sensational rookie Rubio running the show, the Timberwolves are close to having something special. Players they could use are Devin Harris, O.J. Mayo, Chris Kaman, and Andre Iguodala.
- Boston: aging before our eyes and it is time to look for some youth before this whole team needs Medicare.
- Dallas: not the team they once were and in need of fresh and young blood.
Those are just some of the scenarios as March 15th approaches. One can’t help but wonder what it is like being a player who is talked about heavily for a future trade. What do you think about? Do you start making preliminary arrangements for the move that might or might not happen? Do you start looking for a real estate agent to get an appraisal on your current home? Start getting estimates of the cost of moving possessions and vehicles? Or do you just wait until March 15th gets here and then make all those decisions when the time comes?
And that leads to even deeper questions? If you are an NBA player, or for that matter any professional athlete, do you own a home in the city you play for if you have a permanent home in your hometown, or do you rent or lease during the playing season? If you live in several cities what do you do about transportation in each city? Does it make sense to fly in private jets or commercial when it seems half of your life involves flying from one home to another? What are the insurance ramifications of leasing, renting, owning several homes? Are there requirements that you live somewhere a certain number of days in order for a certain insurance to be available?
If you are a professional athlete do you know the answers to these questions? Don’t wait until it is too late to get the answers to these and other questions we are sure you have asked yourself. Give the pros at SportsRelocation.com a call and let us answer your questions and make any arrangements you may need done.
SportsRelocation.com® assists players/coaches of the NBA, WNBA, NFL, MLB, NHL, and Entertainers relocate nationwide by servicing your Real Estate & Relocation needs. SportsRelocation.com is a licensed real estate brokerage in Las Vegas, NV & Beverly Hills, CA.
The Sports Relocation team is waiting to hear from you. Our primary goal is to assist you with all of the challenges related to transitioning into your new home. Visit us at http://www.SportsRelocation.com or call us at 800-783-1421