NFL Free Agency Signings In High Gear
One of the more interesting free agency signing periods in recent years shows no sign of slowing up as twenty-one free agents signed with new teams over this past weekend, bringing the total to fifty-seven signings since March 13th.
Some of the more interesting signings over the weekend included:
- Seattle signed Matt Flynn as their quarterback of the future, giving him a 3-year deal worth $24 million.
- New England signed wide receivers Anthony Gonzales and Brandon Lloyd.
- The 49ers signed Mario Manningham, WR, Randy Moss, WR and are in hot pursuit of Peyton Manning.
- Philadelphia signed Guard Even Mathis.
- Indianapolis signed Safety Tom Zbikowski and Defensive End Cory Redding.
Still, the story on everyone’s mind is Peyton Manning. Over the weekend the 49ers became major players in trying to sign Manning; prior to this weekend it was believed that Tennessee and Denver had the inside track to signing the All-Pro quarterback but now all bets are off and the sweepstakes for one of the best quarterbacks in NFL history is wide open.
From a player standpoint the free agency season comes at a nice time of year, months before training camps open for business. Unlike in a trade situation, this gives players a little time to coordinate their relocation to a new city and eliminates much of the stress that is inherent in such a relocation.
SportsRelocation.com® assists players/coaches of the NBA, WNBA, NFL, MLB, NHL, and Entertainers relocate nationwide by servicing your Real Estate & Relocation needs. SportsRelocation.com is a licensed real estate brokerage in Las Vegas, NV, Marina Del Rey, CA & Beverly Hills, CA.
The Sports Relocation team is waiting to hear from you. Our primary goal is to assist you with all of the challenges related to transitioning into your new home. Visit us at http://www.SportsRelocation.com or call us at 800-783-1421