The Asomugha Foundation 7th Annual Fundraising Gala "Service Matters" @AsomughaFndn
On April 13th several members of the team and I had the opportunity and privilege to attend the 7th Annual Fundraising Gala for the ASOMUGHA FOUNDATION located downtown Los Angeles in the Millennium Biltmore hotel.
For those of you who don’t know, the Asomugha Foundation is a charitable organization that believes that “quality educational experiences create the tools for spiritual, economic and social empowerment and progress.” Their goal is to “alleviate the consequences of poverty in vulnerable populations by creating the conditions and environment to support educational opportunities.” Some of the Asomugha Foundation board members include chairman and new member of the San Francisco 49ers CB Nnamdi Asomugha, President, Dr. Lilian Asomugha, Executive Director Marketing, Antoinette Brown-Leon, & Board Director, Akbar Gbaja-Biamilla to name a few.
There was a Reception and Silent Auction held as well and a wonderful Dinner and Awards Presentation. Some of the highlights included:
- Kamala Harris, Keynote Speaker
- Omar McGhee, Keynote Speaker
- Musical Performances by the young Musicians Program
- Dana Pump and David Pump, Leadership Award
- Live Auction
The Foundation has two primary programs:
- Asomugha College Tour for Scholars, which is an annual tour and mentoring program that provides high-achieving high school students of color with the opportunity to visit college campuses across the country.
- Orphans and Widows in Need, which provides aid to a growing population of widows and orphans who are among the most vulnerable in African nations.
SportsRelocation.com is committed to being an active part of our community. We believe that it is vital that businesses give back to the community that they serve, and that only by giving back do we all become an integral and healthy contributor to society.
Bravo to the founders and members of the Asomugha Foundation. SportsRelocation.com salutes you and the work that you do!