Packing Tips for Your Next Relocation
Word of your relocation has arrived. You suspected it might for some time, but now it is a reality. You are relocating to another city.
And that means packing your belongings so the moving company can transport them.
There are two ways to handle this packing job. Do it yourself or have someone else do it for you.
Let’s take a look at packing tips if you choose the first option.
- Gather all the packing supplies you will need
- Pack boxes so they are not too heavy to lift. A good guide is sixty pounds max.
- When packing boxes, make sure the heavy items are on the bottom of the box.
- Make sure your boxes close properly and can be easily taped shut.
- Little items like socks, scarves and pillow cases can be stuck in available holes of other items to save space.
- Keep an inventory list of what is in each box.
- Label each box by the name of the room it will go in at the new house.
- Keep your clothing in the dresser drawers and just move the dresser already packed.
- Keep important documents with you and do not pack them.
- If you pack liquids in boxes, make sure to clearly mark “this side up” on the box so the liquid doesn’t spill or leak out.
- Don’t use regular garbage bags as they rip too easily. Use heavy duty bags.
Or you can ignore all of those tips and hire someone else to do the packing for you, in which case call your relocation agent and explain when you want to be packed and he/she will take care of it for you.
. Sports Relocation, Inc assists players/coaches of all professional sports leagues including the NBA, WNBA, NFL, MLB, NHL, and entertainers relocate nationwide by servicing their Real Estate & Relocation needs. Ikem Chukumerije is licensed to practice real estate in New York, California, Nevada, Florida, & Georgia. Sports Relocation, Inc operates nationwide and provides elite athlete relocation services in all 50 states and internationally.